Cars Are Getting More And More Crazy Features, But They’re Also Losing A Lot Of Stuff
Cars are getting more and more crazy features, like rear view cameras and full-on computer systems in their dashboards, but they’re also LOSING a lot of stuff. According to “Fortune” magazine, the top five features that are disappearing from cars are…
1. Keys. Cars with keyless entry and “start” buttons are beginning to dominate the market.
2. Crank windows. I thought these we’re already extinct…
3. Long antennas. They’ve been replaced by shorter, more compact antennas that can also handle GPS and telephone signals.
4. Manual transmissions. They’ll never go away completely, but more people are buying automatics because the price difference isn’t as big as it used to be.
5. Emergency brakes. They’re being replaced by an electronic feature called “hill hold,” which automatically sets a brake when you’re stopped on a hill, then releases it when you touch the gas… I don’t see ANYTHING that could go wrong with an electronic brake on a hill… no, nothing.