Five Ridiculous But Believable Reasons Not To Respond To A Text Message
Have you ever gotten a text message from someone you’d prefer not to respond to at all? I’m sure you probably have, it might have been from your mom, an old friend or maybe even an ex. I’ve got five excuses for you to use when you don’t respond that are completely ridiculous but totally believable.
Sure, you can use the whole I didn’t get it or I responded and you didn’t get it scenario. Just keep in mind that will only work so many times and you really can’t use it more than once on the same person.
When you finally run in to that person or they call you, here are five excuses you can try out:
1. There was a fire and my phone melted – Once, I was standing too close to a bonfire and the glue holding a rubber piece to my phone melted off. Here’s the thing, you’re not saying that it was a house fire. I mean maybe you’re a terrible cook or maybe you had a few too many drinks at the neighbors bonfire. I mean, the possibilities are endless.
2. The dog was carrying my phone around and dropped it in the toilet when she decided she needed a drink – Totally believable, just make sure you have a dog.
3. I was trying to take a picture outside my car window when the phone just flew out of my hand and smashed – A little dangerous, but not out of the realm of possibility. If it were me, I would say I was trying to take a picture of something so ridiculously unbelievable that you need the picture to prove it was real.
4. In a case of mistaken identity, the cops confiscated it when I was placed under arrest – You can also concoct a sob story about how horrible the jail cell was and how you’re just so happy to be out of there. Tears and sniffling might make this one even more legitimate. Sympathy works every time!
5. The cell phone provider says I text way too much. They cut me off so I don’t develop an addiction – For some of us, let’s just say we should be cut off!